I’m probably going to get this post up before the salad, just because so MANY of you are asking for it. Today was my first ever Live on Instagram and I absolutely loved it! It was truly a blast! I made this Date Cake that my grandma taught me and it was a huge hit. I have made it many times and adjusted the recipe for you guys so I hope you all try it. It comes together so quickly and it’s delicious.
- 1 1/2 Cups Dates (Pitted and Chopped)
- 1 1/4 Cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 TBSP Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Dash of Salt
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 375F. Butter and Flour a 9×13 Pan.
- Step 2 Chop the dates and sprinkle with the baking soda. Cover with the boiling water and set aside.
- Step 3 Beat the sugar and oil. Add the eggs one by one. Add the vanilla.
- Step 4 Sift the flour and add to the egg and sugar mixture. Add the baking powder, spices and salt.
- Step 5 Fold the flour and spices into the egg mixture. Once combined, add the date and water mixture and carefully fold them in.
- Step 6 Finally, fold in the chopped walnuts and milk.
- Step 7 Bake on the lowest rack for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 min before removing from pan. You can also just slice and serve straight from the pan!
- Step 8 Enjoy! This cake can sit at room temperature for up to one week.